Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Magic Morning Mandala


One moment it was there, another moment it is gone. One moment we are here, and another moment we have gone. And for this simple moment, how much of a fuss we can make... how much violence, struggle, conflict, anger and hatred. All for this small moment! It puts me in mind of what it is like waiting for the train on a platform at a station; for this little span of time we create so much fuss: fighting, hurting each other, trying to be right, to have the last word, to dominate - all that posturing. And then, the train comes into the station, you get on, and you are gone forever.

This is my mandala for later in the morning, after the 'phone call'. Riding BART, while listening to a meditation tape, and having brought my sketch pad and pencils with me, I made a conscious choice to let the art heal me and to wait, and to simply do "nothing." To actually let the moments move me forward to the life I choose to live. I had to follow my heart, as opposed to my mind . I chose to think about where there was love in my life - and my son came to mind - and I drew this mandala from my the place where my heart resides in love and peace.

3 comments:

  1. this is so light and yet full. seems to draw energy, not surprisingly, from the sun. did you notice any differences in your own body/mind/spirit in the creation of the three?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The transition between the three mandalas was a brief but powerful ride in which I travelled between peace and conflict and ultimately choosing the path to my renewed inner peace... I feel it slipping back and forth a little even now, but I'm betting on the peaceful path to be the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your writing reflection with this is also very beautiful- you've transformed what could have been a strained and hurried morning commute into a meditation on love and healing.

    ReplyDelete